A long but great week. Enjoy some random tech essays I like. All of them are technical but hit on some important general principles:
- Steve Yegge's Google Platforms Rant — on why Google didn't make AWS first.
- The Website Obesity Crisis — on web bloat, from the wry and delightful Maciej Ceglowski.
- Second-guessing the modern web — on overcomplication in web design
- Dan Luu's I could do that in a weekend — on tech hubris
- Eevee's PHP: a fractal of bad design — a guilty pleasure rant on language design
- Matt Might's HOWTO: Get tenure — Inspiring and heartrending at the same time.
- Gary Bernhardt's Wat — a short and sweet lightning talk